Coverage & Pricing Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our
team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. As a member of the US Value & Access team, this Coverage & Pricing Senior Manager is integral to Amgen's financial sales performance. The Senior Manager will lead pricing analytics and payor support for many of Amgen's Oncology products which have combined annual sales of over $1B. Amgen has a robust Oncology pipeline, including CAR-T and BiTE molecules, which will continue to grow the Oncology portfolio.
This role will provide a strong foundation in the U.S. healthcare market and is a good avenue to many future commercial healthcare roles. The Coverage & Pricing team is integrated into the US Oncology Value & Access team, which provides excellent opportunities to grow into other Marketing areas of the company. Amgen has strong training, education, and mentoring programs to ensure staff are successful.
The Coverage & Pricing Senior Manager will drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and net revenue impact analyses to facilitate pricing decision-making by senior leadership. The person is key to determining Amgen's pricing strategy for each product under his/her responsibility. The person will also lead the development and execution of all coverage elements for each product assigned. The Senior Manager will assist in forecasting quarterly product net sales, net price, average sales price (ASP), and other high-impact pricing measures (e.g. pricing strategy performance in the market). Additionally, there may be opportunities to drive U.S. government, e.g. Medicaid and Veteran's Affairs, pricing strategies and net sales forecasting.
- Support payor strategy and negotiations, including partnering with Value, Market Access and Contracting teams to optimize coverage
- Develop and provide primary analysis for Oncology pricing strategies to optimize net sales
- Responsible for forecasting discounts for quarterly net sales reporting to investors
- Build financial models to measure contract performance, inform price optimization and support discount forecasting
- Assist with approval of product pricing strategies with senior management
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key Oncology customers financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics which generate data-driven business insights, visualizations, and recommendations
- Routinely interacts with senior leadership and other high-level, cross functional committees and teams
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a will have these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of finance, analytics, consulting, contracts and/or pricing experience
Master's degree and 4 years of finance, analytics, consulting, contracts and/or pricing experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of finance, analytics, consulting, contracts and/or pricing experience
Associates degree and 10 years of finance, analytics, consulting, contracts and/or pricing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance, analytics, consulting, contracts and/or pricing experience
- Advanced degree, e.g. MBA, or graduate degree in Business Analytics or similar field
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and pricing/financial modeling
- A good sense of finance or accounting principles
- Experience solving complex business problems
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Strong orientation to teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with others in a matrixed team environment
- Experience developing and driving adoption of new critical technology and capabilities
- Leadership experience, could be in your community, at work, or as part of your education
- Experience in a biopharma or related business environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.