Principal Scientific Subject Matter Expert (SME)
MSC is currently searching for a Principal Subject Matter Expert to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Work is on-site in Rockville, MD, with the option to telework.
The Principal Subject Matter Expert will work as part of a highly motivated software development team that provides biomedical informatics and IT support to cancer research. This involves working with program stakeholders to help meet scientific objectives in clinical and translational research, semantic infrastructure and interoperability, data science, discovery biology, and data sharing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Augments or directs teams providing high-level functional systems definition, analysis, design, integration, documentation, implementation, and management.
• Advises on exceptionally complex issues requiring an advanced-specialist-degree-level knowledge of oncological research and data.
• Participates in all phases of studies, planning, and projects with specific emphasis on higher-level issues requiring specific expertise in the subject matter.
• Doctorate-level degree
• Expert-level knowledge related to oncology data, proteomics, genomic data, serological or immunological data, human and animal studies, and the like
• Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the individual's field of study with demonstrated experience and success in the area of specialization
• Demonstrated experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Business, or other related medical, scientific, or technical discipline preferred
• Excellent communication skills, ability to disseminate scientific ideas and provide outreach and support including preparing presentations and briefings
• Experience supporting biomedical and/or research information technology and informatics contracts
• Client interface experience; proven experience managing client expectations & relationships
• Prior experience managing and/or participating in large, integrated teams including client, subcontractors, and other third-party vendors
• Knowledge of business requirements definitions, communications and outreach strategies
• Experience leading technical workshops, facilitating meetings, user groups, and supporting research activities
• Knowledge of integrating, sharing, correlating and visualizing data sets within bioinformatic environments
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
• Knowledge and experience with NIH processes, procedures, technologies, and applications
• Experience working with cloud computing and associated technologies
• Experience working in agile environments
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.