Scientific Program Manager, Student Affairs
We are currently searching for a Scientific Program Manager, Student Affairs to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide mentorship to Students as well as serve as a central contact and resource regarding program guidelines and NIH student policies.
- Support the Academic Dean with annual progress reports and issue resolution.
- Advise and oversee student committees, including the Student Leadership Board, Workshop Organizing Committee, and Career Development Seminar Series Planning Committee.
- Coordinate Program-driven MD/PhD activities, including monthly Clinical Case Conference and other activities.
- Oversee and aid planning the Annual Workshop, a 3-day event with 200-300 attendees.
- Manage the student database as well as conduct annual student check-ins and exit-interviews.
- Maintain awareness of and share NIH student wellness and professional development resources.
- Aid organization of career development opportunities for students and alumni outreach efforts.
- Schedule and manage monthly town halls to discuss new program information and upcoming events.
- Manage on-campus housing and collaborate with other NIH housing offices.
- Perform regular visits to England and NIH sites in Durham, NC, Hamilton, MT, and Phoenix, AZ.
- Attend monthly NIH Training Director meetings.
- Report student concerns to the Executive Committee.
- Ph.D. degree is required.
- Previous experience in student training or mentoring is preferred
- Travel to England and NIH laboratories located in Montana, Arizona, and North Carolina is required
- Due to the pandemic, this position is fully remote to start. Must be willing to relocate to the DC, Maryland, or Virginia area following the pandemic.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.