Senior Semantic SME
MSC is currently searching for a Senior Semantic SME to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The work is full-time and on-site in Rockville, MD, with the option to telework.
The Senior Semantic SME will work as part of a highly motivated software development team that provides biomedical informatics and IT support to cancer research. This involves working with program stakeholders to help meet scientific objectives in clinical and translational research, semantic infrastructure and interoperability, data science, discovery biology, and data sharing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and implement semantic data annotation, integration, and search technologies
- Lead development and implementation of data standards, standard terminologies, and data models
- Provide expert-level consultation on exceptionally complex issues related to biomedical research, data science, and care delivery
- Participate in all phases of studies, planning, and projects, with a focus on addressing high-level issues requiring specific expertise in the subject matter
- Provides overall technical guidance in the design, architecture, and development of semantic solution
- Doctorate-level degree
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the individual's field of study with demonstrated experience and success in the area of specialization
- Demonstrated experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related fields
- Experience supporting biomedical and/or research information technology and informatics projects, especially Data Commons, Data governance, metadata and data standards work
- Client interface experience; proven experience managing client expectations & relationships
- Prior experience managing and/or participating in large, integrated teams including client, subcontractors, government agencies and other third-party vendors
- Familiarity with medical vocabularies and ontologies such as CRDC, SNOMED-CT, NCI Thesaurus, NCI Metathesaurus, OMIT, RxNorm, MeSH, etc.
- Knowledge of semantic web technologies such as SPARQL, RDF, OWL
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python, Java, and R
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience at NIH or research organizations
- Medical, scientific, or technical knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with biomedical research data and concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.