We are currently searching for a Histotechnician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis
- Prepare slides of specimens, using specified stain, to enhance visibility under microscope
- Follow laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of test results
- Prepare and maintain all necessary reagents, including stains, alcohols, and paraffin's according to proper specifications
- Study slides under microscope to detect deviations from norm and report abnormalities for further study
- Process specimen, including all manual and computerized data entry
- Maintain laboratory, equipment, and accurate records of quality assurance control.
- B.S. in Biology or a related life science field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of histology-related laboratory experience.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited histology program required.
- Able to maintain accurate records of experimental methods and maintain laboratory space and equipment.
- Knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.