Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science and Computing (MSC) blends deep domain expertise in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management with advanced technologies to help Federal agencies solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to cultivate a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with contracting officer representative (COR), contracting officer (CO), and program stakeholders to manage large, complex task orders and ensure that technical solutions are delivered while achieving financial, schedule, and quality goals. Responsible for P&L, human capital, strategic innovation, production operations, and support.
- Provide consulting services to help government customers assess overall IT needs, strategies, and processes; identify and analyze alternative approaches; develop roadmaps for improving, enhancing, or extending IT services; establish success metrics and go/no-go criteria for proposed projects; support data policy and process implementation; and review project governance.
- Work with NIH customers, architects, and development teams to envision and develop effective and innovative software services, applications, databases, and infrastructure solutions in biomedical and bioinformatics settings.
- Provide program management support including the development of management plans, schedules; oversee quality assurance, risk management, stakeholder communication, and talent acquisition
- Provide contract management support including development of a contract management plan, financial statements, compliance reviews
- Drive continuous improvement efforts by identifying areas of improvement, defining program and project success metrics, and overseeing improvement initiatives
- Provide consulting support and training to government project and task managers
- Communicate status, risk, and progress to a variety of stakeholders in the scientific, business, and technical arenas so as to coordinate teams and achieve program goals.
- Develop strong customer relationships with the goal of understanding customer processes, determining customer needs, identifying business opportunities, establishing teaming agreements, etc.
- Master's degree or higher in technical, scientific discipline and 10 years' relevant experience, or B.S. degree and 20 years' experience
- At least 10 years of progressive, successful experience in managing complex projects or large enterprise programs, management reporting, or task monitoring.
- NIH experience is a must; a good understanding of NCI and its offices, divisions, and centers is highly desirable.
- Experience with developing, enhancing, and deploying information technology for the scientific or biomedical community
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with, establish relationships with, and manage the expectations of a range of stakeholders including biomedical and bioinformatics scientists, IT technical staff, contracting officers, business development, and senior management.
- Experience managing and coordinating integrated teams including client teams and third-party vendors
- Experience working in Agile environments is desirable
- Domain knowledge of program management, bioinformatics, scientific computing, government procurement, quality assurance, finance, health information privacy rules, is desirable
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance required.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.