Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is seeking an ETL Developer to support enterprise IT systems at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Contingent on Award.
Work cooperatively as a member of a software development team to:
- Produce documented designs of ETL solutions where required
- Implement ETL solutions using SSIS and/or Azure Data Factory
- Lead the migration of existing SSIS ETL implementation to Azure Data Factory
- Review, analysis, evaluate, and document the existing source databases and provide recommendations for further data structure alignment and information integration
- Analyze and diagram the existing data communication workflows and provide strategy and methods to improve the workflows
- Participate data integration workflow construction and configuration design; identify and recommend suitable technology for reusable workflow development
- Work as a hands-on developer as well as a technical lead to implement project and deliver milestones on time with grace margins towards to deadlines
- Adhere to best practice rules in software development, host regular code/schema reviews throughout the software development process, track versions of the source code.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related computational disciplines
- Four years of proven experience in life-cycle ETL development and validation
- Proven records in relational database development and optimization.
- Azure Data Factory experience
- Clear database concepts, analytical thinking, solid knowledge in RDBMS practices and procedures.
- Skillful in both OLTP and OLAP, familiar with ODBC, and RDMBS built-in utilities, and fluent in SQL; specialized in PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server systems using SSIS
- Master skill in at least one scripting language and proven records in data processing and manipulation
- Experience of implementing data integration and ability to configure the existing data processing tools
- Experience with database and workflow design and diagram tools, ability to communicate with clients using the workflow design diagrams
- Able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Willing and able to learn new skills and to perform a variety of tasks
- Professional communication skills with a variety of IT professionals and source data management professionals
- Able to efficiently organize, document, and track software development tasks which have interdependency, and able to disseminate modulated work package to teammates
Additional Desired Skills
Experiences, knowledge, and skills in clinical and/or government systems development, Web-service technology, and/or biomedical/health data processing and integration.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.