Sr Cloud Engineer
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is currently searching for a Senior Cloud Engineer with expertise in Microsoft Azure to support enterprise IT systems at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Contingent on Award.
- Lead the design and implementation of cutting-edge, enterprise-level technology solutions to promote a loose coupling between software components based on microservices.
- Drive architectural discussions with stakeholders in support of business requirements gathering, analysis, and design.
- Architect highly scalable, available, and secure solutions based on industry best practices and practical experience.
- Take ownership for the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with Developers, Systems Operations, and other subject matter experts to solve integration and cloud migration challenges and develop robust automated scripts and supporting documentation.
- Assess current architecture and existing applications to assess "cloud readiness;" work with Developers, Security teams, and Systems Operations to create migration paths and interim solutions for a large and diverse portfolio of custom applications.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of recommendations and solutions; write specifications, how-to documentation, test plans, test reports, and best-practices.
- Provide training for developers and systems operations personnel.
- Assist in system security review, testing, remediation efforts, and overall risk mitigation.
- Coordinate with Systems Operations and Developers to address concerns; train on new tools, technologies, and processes; and prevent negative impacts to service.
- Configure alarms, triggers, and scaling policies and procedures for cloud resources.
- Develop and provide relevant management reports to support the project mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related business, scientific, or technical discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in implementing complex technologies
- 7+ years of experience in cloud environments
- 3+ years of hands-on Azure experience
- Relevant certifications
- 5+ years of experience providing production-ready continuous integration/continuous delivery solutions using cloud services. Experience with microservices in Microsoft Azure preferred
- 5+ years prior experience in a senior technical role, demonstrating the technical design and practical implementation of complex infrastructure solutions in an enterprise environment
- Experience with technology product evaluation, selection, acquisition and deployment processes
- Thorough documentation and technical writing skills; experience preparing technical design, implementation, system administration and operational documentation
- Demonstrated experience creating professional-quality automation scripts using modern scripting languages
- Solid technical expertise and skills in working with RedHat Enterprise Linux tools
- Experience with infrastructure as code, microservices, containers and related tools and technologies - to include tools such as Kubernetes, Containerization, DevSecOps, Git, Bitbucket, Docker - ARO OpenShift highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and confidently communicate - in writing and presentations -to all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to work with incomplete and evolving requirements, adapting to changes with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional operations-focused teams
- Demonstrated ability to champion ideas, generate enthusiasm for solutions, and transmit knowledge required for ongoing maintenance and improvement
- Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.