C++ (Version 17/20) Developer
We blend deep domain expertise in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management with advanced technologies to help Federal agencies solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to cultivate a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are currently searching for a C++17/20 Developer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
The C++17/20 Developer reports to the Branch Chief and has the following duties:
- Revamping NLM-Scrubber (written in Perl) using C++20.
- Integrating NLM-Scrubber algorithms with various machine learning algorithms (including neural networks)
- Working with a small group of developers on site
- Developing new data structures, algorithms, and information flow architectures for increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Daily briefing using existing reporting templates (incl. descriptions of what to do and what has been done)
- Attending weekly group meetings
- C++17/20 (2+ years professional development experience)
- Updated knowledge of new tools and libraries in C++ (ie: C++20 standard)
- Able to interpret (read/understand) Perl programs
- Demonstrable skills on developing algorithms with advanced data structures
- Development both on Windows and Linux platforms using C++17/20
- Developed multithreaded applications on Windows and Linux applications with multiple processes accessing shared memories
- Unit testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Degree: Bachelors in Computer Science
- C++ programming using relational database interfaces communicating with Oracle, MS-SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- Python Experience a plus
- NLP, Machine Learning
- Encryption, Blockchains
- Developed applications communicating via SSL or similar protocols
- Developed applications and adhered deadlines in a high-pressured research environment
- Developed math-heavy software applications
- Open source software publication on GitHub or elsewhere
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.