Senior Web Application Developer
MSC is searching for a Senior Web Application Developer to work within a multidisciplinary team supporting our work at NIH. The position will be based in Rockville, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide knowledge on a broad range of topics, including but not limited to: cloud architecture, infrastructure, application development, and database management
- Translate client requirements into technical design and determine appropriate technology solutions
- Support the development, technical review, and implementation of integrated systems to fit specific client needs using component subsystems
- Interact with and coordinate with data science and engineering teams to reach a singular unified goal
- Take an active role in the development process to deliver solutions for challenging problems
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic view of system-wide platforms when designing and implementing solutions
- Minimum B.S. in computer science, data science, bioinformatics, or other related field.
- Higher level education will be considered in lieu of relevant work experience
- 3+ experience with multiple cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Angular 6+
- SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- DevOps tools (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn/adopt new technologies
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills, and ability to document projects and provide status reports. Writing and code samples will be required.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills. Ability to both take direction and work in a self-directed environment, effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts, and ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and flexibility to handle a variety of tasks, and shift priorities as needed.
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with confocal microscopy, electron microscopy, and/or medical imaging
- Experience with imaging data management
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.