Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical Company is hiring an Associate Scientist on a contracting basis.
Location: Devens, MA
- The Assistant/Associate Scientist in Global Upstream Bio-Process Development will be working in a dynamic team setting across cell line, upstream/downstream process development, and analytical groups to develop highly efficient and robust upstream processes to support ***’s biologics pipeline.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading/supporting upstream development projects for upstream process development, main activities include clone selection, platform fit and process optimization, process characterization, scale-up and tech transfer for clinical manufacturing.
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting IND/IMPD filings with authoring high quality technical reports.
- The candidate will also contribute to continued platform improvement and technology development efforts to further the upstream development workflow.
- Design, execute and improve cell culture processes in support of the biologics pipeline.
- Assess and introduce innovative technologies to improve therapeutic protein production, collaborate with multi-functional groups on technology initiatives.
- Carry out assigned laboratory work and maintain appropriate consumable inventories to support molecule development.
- Be responsible for the execution, data review and analysis, as well as document writing.
- Maintain accurate electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
- Collaborate with scientists in a dynamic environment to meet timelines and solve problems
- Follow safety procedures, contribute to the maintenance of clean laboratory environment utilizing 5S principles.
- BS or MS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or relevant disciplines with 0-2 years of relevant industrial experience
- Hands-on experience on lab bioreactor operation with cell culture is highly desirable. Hands-on experience, course work or training in molecular biology or biochemistry is desirable.
- Ability to think critically with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with positive altitude.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic statistics, working knowledge of design of experiments.
Please contact me directly if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or to discuss our referral program if you know anyone that may be interested.