Vice President of Marketing
POSITION: Vice President of Marketing
POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President, Marketing will be responsible for leading the company's commercial launch efforts related to marketing strategy and execution and all aspects of commercial brand initiatives that support the utilization of Allakos products. The Vice President, Marketing will develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans that differentiate and demonstrate the therapeutic value of Allakos products to patients, healthcare providers and key stakeholders within the healthcare system across multiple therapeutic indications. The Vice President, Marketing must have a strong track record of partnering with cross-functional teams to build unity and alignment across the organization.
The Vice President, Marketing will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer at Allakos, Inc.
As the VP, Marketing, you will:
- Build the Brand strategy and tactics for Allakos pipeline products
- Lead and be responsible for the development and execution of an integrated, flexible marketing launch plan and accompanying performance metrics that will measure achievement of objectives and identify changing market dynamics
- Build a high performing marketing team
- Ensure team alignment with company and brand strategy, focus resources on key priorities, manage within budget and achieve commercial objectives
- Set strategic objectives based on market insights and work directly with Sales and Strategy and Operations counterparts to ensure tactical execution to achieve revenue goals
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to lead or participate in projects focused on the commercialization of Allakos products
- Lead the development of product positioning, branding, messaging and vision that is integrated throughout all internal and external communications
- Translate the brand vision into actionable, quantifiable goals and objectives
- Act as marketing advisor on label development in support of Regulatory to ensure competitive position in the market
- Be a key leader and stakeholder in development of an Allakos presence at medical conferences and trade shows.
- Work closely with CMC and Trade teams as appropriate to build plans for packaging, contracting and distribution
- Work closely with Business Analytics and Market Access to ensure an aligned point of view on commercial pricing and forecasts
- Build ethical and productive business relationships with key KOLs and accounts to represent Allakos
- Brief Executive Management on relevant market developments to inform corporate, commercial and product strategy and relevant business implications therein.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor degree required with advanced degree (MBA, MHA) preferred
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant marketing experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience in leading brand teams
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and decision-making skills with a focus on results
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, lead and motivate successful teams
This position is located in the Allakos corporate office in Redwood City, CA
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.