Senior Statistician, Research
Position: Senior Statistician, Research (Neuroscience)
Location: North Chicago, IL
- Contribute to design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials or other scientific research studies. Assist with development of protocols and/or statistical analysis plans (or product safety analysis plans/integrated summary of safety analysis plans/analysis plans for GMA evidence generation) with details for programming implementation. Work under supervision to implement sound statistical methodology in scientific investigations.
- Assist in identifying scientifically appropriate data collection instruments. Identify and report data issues or violations of study assumptions. Provide programming specifications for derived variables and analysis datasets. Collaborate with Data Science in preparing for database lock.
- With supervision perform statistical analyses as per the analysis plan. Collaborate with Statistical Programming to ensure the delivery of high-quality outputs according to agreed-upon timelines. Evaluate appropriateness of available software for planned analyses and assess needs for potential development of novel statistical methodology.
- With supervision, develop strategy for data presentation and inference. Ensure appropriate interpretation of statistical deliverables in collaboration with other functions. Collaborate in publication of scientific research. Ensure accuracy and internal consistency of reports and publications, including tables, listings, and figures. Ensure the accuracy of the statistical component of scientific reports and/or publications with high quality.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Clearly explain statistical concepts to non-statisticians. Provide responses to questions and pursue analyses suggested by data under supervision. Support communications between assigned product team(s) and functional management. Build/drive cross-functional relationships and collaboration.
- MS (with 4+ years of experience) or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a highly related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- High degree of technical competence and effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to perform statistical computations and simulations
- Able to identify data or analytical issues, and assist with providing solutions by either applying own skills and knowledge or seeking help from others
- Able to build strong relationship with peers and cross-functional partners to achieve higher performance. Highly motivated to drive innovation by raising the bar and challenging the status quo
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to join a global, renowned Pharmaceutical company