Customer Support Specialist, International
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine company committed to health innovation that has the potential to improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX® System will be the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) technology. The unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism of action have the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, our first planned commercial application.
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The International Customer Support Specialist is responsible for providing outstanding support to both internal and external customers. The individual will perform specific customer support tasks related to our international business partners and business functions. The incumbent is expected to have a full understanding of the department, company procedures, products, and policies. The individual will promote the company’s image in a positive manner and lead by example to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate processing of all customer inquiries and orders shipping outside the US.
- Responsible for verifying product, price, manufacturing lead-time, inventory, shipping requirements, and regulatory information.
- Coordinate activities with accounts receivable, manufacturing, operations, and freight forwarders to ensure timely shipments of orders.
- Responsible for adhering to all U.S. Export Custom Regulations.
- Responsible for timely and accurately preparation of all required shipping and export compliance documents.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with all distributors, freight forwarders and team members.
- Promptly log and document customer feedback and complaints in Salesforce.com for timely processing and corrective action.
- Accurately communicate information to customers to set realistic expectations regarding lead time, delivery time, and turn-around time for all requests.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and professional communications to enhance the customer experience in alignment with departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
- Provide support to Customer Support Management team as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in conjunction with Distributors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Minimum 5 years of international customer support experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working with distributors, freight forwarders, and creating export documentation.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Salesforce.com, ERP system (preferably NetSuite)
- Proficient knowledge and adherence to compliance requirements, customer’s import requirements and departmental procedures.
- Fluent in French preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication, customer support and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and listening skills.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Overnight and/or international travel may be required.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.