2021 Experiential Internship - Interventional Glaucoma Marketing
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This internship will be in support of the Allergan Interventional Glaucoma Marketing team. The two brands that make up our interventional portfolio are the XEN® gel stent and the DURYSTA™ bimatoprost intracameral implant. Both products aid in the reduction of Intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients who suffer from either Open Angle Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension.
- Developing a series of LIVE training events for Glaucoma fellows / Ophthalmology Residents
- Assess ongoing patient-activation activities and assist in the creation of new marketing materials to support those efforts.
- Currently pursuing a Master's or MBA degree preferred
- Must have strong analytics skills.
- Must have strong project planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Must have strong written and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels/grades within the organization.
- Must be a highly motivated individual - self-directed, willing to make decisions with less than perfect information, ability to think big and push norms!
- Minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Returning to university for at least one semester and graduating within one-year post internship
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e., extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.