2021 Experiential Internship - Marketing
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Title: 2021 Experiential Internship - Marketing
This Marketing Internship will be responsible for the development, launch, and execution of a branded HCP messaging architecture that aligns to the strategic goals of the brand. The output of this work will be used as the foundation for the development of future HCP sales materials that will be utilized by the sales force (e.g. digital sales aid).
This person will need to effectively manage agency relationships, including the advertising agency of record (AOR) and cross functional Abbvie functions (Sales Training, Medical, Regulatory, Legal and Promo). They will work in a team-based environment to assess current messaging and provide a POV regarding current market dynamics and competitive environment to inform their final project deliverable.
- Understands and interprets trends in the marketplace
- Can apply a data driven strategic approach to key insights and apply appropriately to marketing plan.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and its application to marketing tactical execution.
- Strong project management experience/examples required. Effectively manages projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets or exceeds deadlines). Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- Must have strong written and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels/grades within the organization.
- Must be a highly motivated individual - self-directed, willing to make decisions with less than perfect information, ability to think big and push norms!
- Minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Returning to university for at least one semester and graduating within one-year post internship
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a bachelors degree with a major in Marketing or other related field of study
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.