Associate Scientist: Protein Purification
RemeGen Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the discovery and development of innovative biologics for the treatment of cancers, autoimmune and ophthalmic diseases, based in South San Francisco, California, and Rockville, Maryland. By leveraging our deep insights into oncology and immunology, advanced protein engineering/design technologies, and extensive knowledge in clinical development, our vision is to uncover the novel therapeutic targets and develop the best-in-class and first-in-class biotherapeutics for the patients with significant unmet medical needs. RemeGen Bioscience is a wholly owned subsidiary of RemeGen, a global pharmaceutic company specialized in autoimmune, oncology and ophthalmic diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated protein biochemist to join our Therapeutic Discovery group in our South San Francisco office. The desired candidate will be responsible for purification and characterization of recombinant proteins and antibodies to support the pipeline.
- Plan and execute protein purification experiments from mammalian cell culture using variety of chromatography methods including affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion etc.
- Apply experience and scientific knowledge to characterize proteins by SDS-PAGE, endotoxin and concentration measurement, HPLC etc.
- Maintain laboratory records, procedures, and experimental data.
- Presents results of work in group meeting.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- BS or MS degree in a related scientific discipline with 0-3 years of experience.
- Must be self-motivated, attention to detail, organized, motivated, and be able to work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting.
- Experience with protein purification instruments such as AKTA and common characterization method is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, documentation, organization, good record keeping and writing reports.
- Ability to work in a dynamic research environment with changing and evolving specifications and requirements.
- Curiosity to learn new skills and ability to rapidly acquire technical excellence.
- Able to work independently yet collaborate within a team environment
- Authorized to work legally in the United States without sponsorship from employer