Director, IT Infrastructure
The Director, IT Infrastructure is a technical and senior leadership role responsible for determining current and future Enterprise Infrastructure vision, operations and execution. This role will oversee the design and implementation as well as maintenance and support of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure of the company. This includes overseeing Sana's network, compute, and storage environments. This role will also set architectural directions for the organization and aligning to meet business needs, ensuring flexible, modern technologies to support various compliance, privacy and security policies and procedures. The role includes providing world class IT Infrastructure to maximize our cloud utilization, regional sites/offices & laboratories, and end users' capabilities.
Operationally, this role is responsible for ensuring that infrastructure metrics (e.g., availability, network bandwidth, SAN management, etc.) are met monthly, that sufficient capacity is available to meet volume projections, and that all components are kept patched (as appropriate) and upgraded as necessary to remain supportable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage staff, contractors, third parties, cloud services providers, and vendors, to perform the installation, configuration, testing, monitoring, maintenance, and support of infrastructure that supports each line of business.
- Set the mission of the infrastructure organization to foster a business-oriented mind-set, driven by continual service improvements
- Manage the development of infrastructure sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
- Ensure reliable 24/7 operations in partnership with peer teams by defining IT infrastructure architecture, as well as standards to include disaster recovery, security, storage, servers, monitoring, performance, and back-office systems
- Provide direction on which new technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced by staying up to date on emerging technologies
- Interface with business stakeholders and other functional area leaders to define support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure and corporate Infrastructure policies
- Actively seeks opportunities for efficiencies and cost-effective technologies that reduce costs and optimize investments.
- Creates new and innovative infrastructure policies and procedures that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of individuals and teams.
- Provide regular infrastructure project status updates on schedule, budget, and deliverables.
- Manage and oversee the planning, design, implementation and documentation of all new infrastructure projects and upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Develop standards and operational procedures that support current and future operational needs.
- Collaborates with the Head of IT to develop and manage the annual operating and capital expenditure budget to ensure it's consistent with the overall IT strategy and is within plan.
- Build a team-based environment that aligns with company values, ways of working, and competencies.
- Assist in recruiting and selection of the best IT talent to help optimize skills and experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in IT infrastructure/systems administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 7+ years of proven supervisory/managerial experience, and a strong business acumen.
- Prior experience managing third party vendors.
- Experience planning and executing the migration of on-premise solutions to a hybrid, multi-cloud environment with an emphasis on AWS.
- On premise and in-cloud infrastructure projects from Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, and IBM products, and open source products.
- Focusing on performance - Demonstrated ability to develop an infrastructure strategy/roadmap and ensures it is consistent with the overall IT and Company strategic plans.
- Knowledge of the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best-practice framework to enhance processes and procedures for delivering high quality services that are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to prioritize multiple work streams and deadlines and balance opposing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, influence, and communications skill with the proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is flexible and adaptable - Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and work in a diplomatic and tactful manner with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- A mentor and leader: all team members deserve an engaged, thoughtful culture and people leader
- An inclusive individual who thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate Sana's core values and the attributes that support these core values (Lead from every seat, Thrive as a team, Make it happen)