Principal Informatica MDM Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principal Informatica MDM Engineer
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will work closely with senior data engineers and product owners/business analysts to understand the requirements. This role will be part of the newly established technical/engineering team, develop data workflow to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system in three regions in AWS.
- Lead MDM Engineer team that will perform hands on work and mentor junior MDM Engineers
- Oversee vendors responsible for Informational Data Integration Hub (DIH), Informatica Power Center (IPC), Master Data Management (MDM), and Information Data Directory (IDD)
- Work closely with product teams, regional/affiliate, vendors, and IS team for data onboarding
- Design and develop interface to other systems, including batch interface and real time API interface
- Responsible for technical delivery by MDM Engineer team
- Responsible for oversight and delivery by Vendors for four technical areas DIH, IPC, MDM and IDD
- Provide architectural and data model oversight for processes which perform data extraction, transformation, workflow management and data quality check
- Provide data analytics and predictive analysis to business users
- Drive the exploration and adoption of new tools, techniques, propose improvement to the data pipelines and system architecture
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with product teams
- Act as a product manager for the data platform backlog
- Travel will be minimal
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The hardworking professional we seek is a curious learner who can develop master data and data analytics solutions into a fast-paced environment, with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of information system experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 8+ years' hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle
- 8+ years of overall experience in IT with strong understanding of Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Integration
- 8+ years of model data domains such as customer, product, territory
- 8+ years of experience with data modeling for master databases, performance tuning for relational database;
- 8+ years of experience on MDM hub components: Landing tables, base objects, staging tables, lookup tables, relationships, mappings, cleanse function, trust and matching rules
- 8+ years on developing requirements and rules to support business needs
- 8+ years on developing, configuring, and customizing Informatica Data Director (IDD)
- Identify and implement controls to improve data quality and governance.
- 8+ years' hand on experience with informatica DIH's Hub management, monitoring and tracking;
- 5+ years' experience in installing and configuring Informatica PowerCenter client
- 8+ years on Creating mappings, mapplets, sessions, workflows, worklets in Informatica PowerCenter 9.6 and above
- 5+ years of experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: shell scripts, Java, Python
- 5+ years hand on Experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using SIF Environment and Web Services technologies (Apache SOAP, WSDL, UDDI).
- Full stack development using MDM hub, Informatica Data Q, Informatica Integrator Hub and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Biotech / Pharma experience is a plus
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.