Intern- MBA- US Commercial
Intern- MBA- US Commercial
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Gilead Sciences US Commercial Internship Program is for first-year MBA or 4th year Accelerated Program candidates seeking entry into the biotech industry. The internship (up to 12 weeks) provides broad exposure to Commercial business operations and leadership teams while working on meaningful projects that contribute to a specific business unit's corporate and/or field teams. After completion of the internship, program participants will be evaluated for a full-time offer upon graduation in the US Commercial MBA Rotation Program.
Successful candidates have a passion for learning, seize stretch assignments as an opportunity to grow and develop, and want to make contributions to the business, colleagues, and patients/world health. Gilead lives our Core Values https://gilead.avature.net/careers/CultureAndValues and Leadership Commitments (below) and we are dedicated to Inclusion & Diversity: https://www.gilead.com/careers/inclusion-and-diversity . If Gilead aligns with your career and personal passions, please apply to one of our coveted internship opportunities within the US Commercial organization and become a part of Creating Possible.
The 2021 Summer Internship has two primary focuses, 1) Exposure to the Biotech Industry & Gilead Sciences as well as professional development, and; 2) Specific project that contributes to the business:
Exposure to Biotech Industry & Gilead plus Professional Development (60%):
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry and the different functions within US Commercial, different divisions of Gilead, and exposure to Gilead products through the life cycle of drug development to commercialization.
- Formal training including exposure to field sales training and success factors as well as leadership training via classroom, hands-on, and online learning.
- Personalized mentoring and coaching
- Develop planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Practice team-based work competencies.
- Develop effective communication skills with internal (including executives) and external parties as applicable.
- Rich networking with diverse group of Gilead employees and other MBA counterparts at Gilead and our robust Employee Resource Groups (ERG's).
Specific Project Experience (40%):
- Duties roles, and responsibilities will vary based on the interest and capability of the participant as well as business needs. Possible internship project assignments could include, but are not limited to: Product Marketing project that supports our Therapeutic Area (TA) field sales roles; market analytics; sale analytics, digital marketing, etc.
US Commercial contains multiple business units:
Therapeutic Area (TA) Sales and Marketing units are: COVID 19, Oncology, Liver Disease, HIV and CF .
Sales and Marketing teams are on the front lines every day, ensuring that Gilead products have the right visibility for the patients who need them most. We support Gilead's existing portfolio of therapies and help prepare new drug approvals for launch. We work from a deep understanding of the science behind our therapies and the disease areas that they treat. Team members work collaboratively by partnering with business. Gilead has multiple Sales and Marketing functions across Commercial and other parts of Gilead with a strong track record of moving talent across units.
Managed Markets (MM)
From strategy to execution, the Managed Markets team is focused on ensuring access and reimbursement for Gilead medicines. Managed Markets is comprised of three key functions: Managed Markets Marketing (develops payer strategies for all TA's to ensure coverage and reimbursement by private & public payers for Gilead medicines. Payers include health plans, PBMs, wholesalers, specialty pharmacies and distributors), National Account Management (team of account executives who represent Gilead's product portfolio to PBM's and National/Regional Payers and health systems to ensure access and reimbursement for Gilead medicines) and Managed Markets Strategy & Operations (MSO) and Field Account Management (enables seamless post-script journey for patients who need a Gilead therapy. This is accomplished through the work of five groups: Contracts & Pricing, Trade Operations, Patient Support, Analytics and Audits & Compliance).
Commercial Operations brings together a collection of disciplines to unlock the full potential of our brands and therapeutic areas through deep insight generation and operational excellence. We are subject matter experts in fields such as market research, business analytics, sales operations and commercial learning and development across all therapeutic areas.
Candidate / Student Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA candidate with relevant coursework/projects (Marketing, Analytics, Forecasting, Technology)
- Prior marketing, sales, business analytics/operations, or healthcare and strategy experience a plus.
- B.A or B.S degree in science or business-related field preferred
- Leadership experience in professional or scholastic associations
- Energetic, organized, and detailed skilled with today's technology systems, applications, and platforms
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work thrive in a fast-paced team-based environment
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Independent worker and self-starter that enjoys problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (e.g. presenting, meeting or workshop facilitation)
- Ability to manage various tasks, priorities, and timelines and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Opportunity to start a career in the biotechnology industry and gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a high-performing, results-oriented biotechnology organization
- Participants will gain knowledge through placement experiences necessary to determine the direction of their career at Gilead in the organization
- You will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders as you gain cross-functional experience by interfacing with multiple business units.
- You will develop skills vitally important in today's business environment including team-based interaction, influencing without authority, and the capability to aid in the definition and direction of the firm's initiatives and long-term strategy
- Mobility and housing covered during internship and eventual rotations
Gilead Leadership Commitments:
- I am BOLD in aspiration and agile in execution
- I CARE and make time for people
- I LISTEN, speak openly, and explain the "why"
- I TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions
- I OWN the impact of my words and actions
- This role is based in the Gilead Sciences headquarters (Foster City, California just south of San Francisco) and housing is provided. Interns may be primarily remote for Summer 2021 due to COVID.. Candidates must be open to longer-term placements across the US.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency