Manager, Commercial Systems
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The position will be responsible for Business Technology (BT) delivery and support of assigned Customer Operations functions for commercial systems based in Austin, TX. This position will interface and liaise with the commercial organization leaders to understand the current issues, projects and requests that affect the Austin team and work closely with the Director, Business Information Management to deliver excellent BT solutions for the Customer Operations group.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Manage and execute in the delivery of new initiatives from the BT roadmap in support of the Customer Ops business strategy.
- Manage and support existing Customer Ops applications & integrations to maximize utilization, operational efficiency and relevancy to the commercial organization.
- Interact closely with other Business Technology Solutions personnel and resources to ensure strategy is aligned across the organization.
- Interact and manage external suppliers to secure appropriate project resources.
- Deliver training and presentations as required.
- Maintain professional relationships with the Customer Ops business leaders and personnel.
- Understand the business needs of assigned functions and support them by providing innovative ideas and BT solutions.
- Provide details and presentations to support acquisition of required resources.
- Work closely with the business to relay solution options and associated cost.
- Leverage various technical teams, both internal and external to achieve goals and deliver upon BT projects and commitments.
- Work closely with the Customer Ops leaders to continuously improve the business processes and identify and address root cause for various issues.
- Interact effectively with senior management including regular management and functional updates to the business teams as appropriate.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of information technology within a Customer Operations or Sales Operations environment
- Hands on implementation and support experience working with Order-To-Cash (OTC), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Case Management business information technology systems
- Project management experience using formal SDLC; project management methodology (PMP preferred), techniques, and tools is required.
- Experienced in change management, vendor management, business process modeling and reengineering, and application analysis and design.
- Experience in high performing matrix environment.
- Process oriented with strong business understanding of Customer Operations.
- Highly effective presentation skills enabling the business to clearly understand how technology solutions will deliver benefits.
- Leadership and management skills with the ability to manage simultaneous priorities and changing deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication, negotiation, facilitation and leadership skills with a commitment to internal/external customer responsiveness.
- A high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling priority conflicts and resources constraints
- Certifications, knowledge, or background working with SAP (or other leading ERP systems) in the area of Order-To-Cash (OTC).
- Certifications, knowledge, or background working with Salesforce (or other leading CRM systems) in the area of Service/Case Management.
- Certifications, knowledge, or background working with Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) technology platforms such as InContact, Five9, or Genesys.
- Certifications, knowledge, or background working with quality focused methodologies like, Lean, Six Sigma, or Operational Excellence (OpEx).
• Minimum or equivalent of a BA/BS degree is required; advanced degree, MBA, is preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.