Senior Electrician - Construction
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and perform demo and construction per drawings
- Must be able to follow proper procedures, both written and verbal.
- Installation of all types and sizes of conduit.
- Must be able to install Soft Starts and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Experience in installation of HVAC building control systems and panels.
- Experience working on motor control centers.
- Demonstrate understanding of AbbVie Electrical Standards, NEC, and GMP requirements pertaining to the equipment in the assigned zone. Applies his/her full knowledge of these requirements in the conduct of his/her function.
- Must have a high school education or equivalent.
- Five or more years related experience in a commercial or industrial work environment, which may include completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship program.
- Most have knowledge in installing HVAC building control systems.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.