Pharmacy Technician, Duopa
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Pharmacy Technician III (PT III) serves as a point of contact for healthcare providers/patients for their reimbursement and access needs. The PT III will help patients and healthcare providers navigate through reimbursement issues and administer patient support services. In addition, the PT III supports the pharmacist(s) in the practice of pharmacy, including but not limited to obtaining missing information for prescriptions, and reimbursement.
- Subject matter expert in all Pharmacy Operations, responsible for assisting, mentoring, training and participating in side by sides with team members on prescription processes and reimbursement issues.
- Uses functional expertise in pharmacy and reimbursement expertise to liaise between healthcare providers, insurance companies, hub representatives, and patients to administer the Patient Support Service programs for all pharmacy assets per AbbVie policy and any applicable accreditation standards.
- Accurately assesses each assistance request to determine next steps and comprehensive action plan to resolve or prevent the market access or reimbursement challenges.
- Works independently to manage a caseload comprised of healthcare providers and patients under various levels of urgency dependent upon patient need.
- Holds effective, critical conversations with insurance representatives, healthcare providers, patients, and caregivers and provide education on reimbursement processes specific to their patient's insurance plan.
- Maintains accurate records of actions and conversations in the system; follows up on all outstanding actions in the appropriate timeline to drive effective outcomes.
- Researches, compiles, and maintains education materials with insurance benefit information such as, but not limited to: appeals and denials processes, payor summary plan descriptions, medical policies, formulary listings, fee schedules, etc.
- Initiates and manages patient access contracts which includes but is not limited to letters of agreement and contracts with skilled nursing facilities/hospitals.
- Assists the pharmacist with practice of pharmacy in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, HIPAA guidelines, corporate and departmental policies and procedures; effectively performing the prescriber outreach process (within the legal limits of pharmacy technician authority) to resolve any missing, incomplete, or incorrect information related to prescriptions, medical records, and detailed written orders.
- Disinfect and clean returned medical devices. Process medical device returns and conducts functional inspection and testing on devices as appropriate. will also be responsible for PT I, PT II and additional responsibilities as deemed needed by management.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience in Healthcare Finance, Revenue Cycle, Insurance Claims Processing and/or Specialty Pharmacy Operations.
- Individuals must meet applicable Pharmacy Technician Licensure and Certification requirements no later than the first day of employment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience within a healthcare provider, PBM, Specialty Pharmacy or Retail/Mail Order Pharmacy setting, familiarity with medical record handling/documentation, strong core insurance (Medical and Pharmacy Benefit) knowledge, high quality customer service, knowledge of online verification systems, or similar experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of billing and health care reimbursement channels including commercial pharmacy, major medical and governmental programs. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of insurance reimbursement and access best practices across multiple Patient Access Support options (hospital charity programs, manufacturer patient assistance programs, co-pay card programs, patient advocacy groups etc.).
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and ability to make independent, high-quality decisions and operate under general supervision.
- Strong computer skills required including quick and accurate data entry; including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word or Excel software applications.
- Completes individual tasks, collaborative and cross-functional acumen, and ability to effectively manage time by adhering to deadlines required.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work during all business hours to meet business needs.
- Prior Auth/Appeals support
- Insurance verification
- Pharmacy Technician experience (Certified preferred)
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.