Sr. Director, OMIDRIA Brand Lead
Sr. Director, OMIDRIA Brand Lead
The Sr. Director, OMIDRIA Brand Lead, will be the face of the company's flagship marketed product. They will lead a cross-functional team consisting of direct reports and matrixed team members in the collaborative creation of brand strategies and tactical plans. Through keen commercial expertise and analytical rigor, this leader will analyze multiple data sources to proactively determine opportunities for brand growth, address performance gaps, set direction for the team along with recommendations to executive leadership. A trusted partner with the field, this leader will play a key role in the overall performance and growth of the brand, as well as the company.
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros' proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
Come join our Commercial Marketing Team!
What are your job responsibilities?
- Develop/champion brand strategies based on market, customer and competitive insights, using primary and secondary data, in support of continuous brand growth
- Lead cross-functional brand management process, including annual brand planning, forecasting, goal setting, annual/quarterly/monthly brand expense targets, messaging and POA planning; successfully align key stakeholders with all plans
- Lead agencies, including other external partners, to ensure strategic alignment, successful execution and effective resource utilization aligned to expense targets
- Leverage available marketing channels with greatest ROI and customer reach
- Inform market access strategies based on market and customer insights in support of continuous brand growth and healthy brand P&L
- Develop market research plan to gain actionable insights to inform strategies and tactics
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance with all applicable rules and regulations pertaining to the selling, marketing and distribution of OMIDRIA
What education and experience do you need?
- You'll need to have a BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or a Life Science; an MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry commercial marketing experience; prior experience in field sales, advertising or market research is preferred
- Experience in a "start up" biopharma company is desirable
- Leadership experience with 1 or more direct reports; previous matrix &/or cross-functional team leadership experience is preferred
- Proven success with launching and marketing buy and bill products
- Experience with HCP marketing of specialty products, including hub models, positioning, campaigns, messaging, digital tactics; experience in consumer marketing is a plus
- Proven success leading in a cross-functional environment, including field-based sales and payer teams
- Proven ability to coach and develop others
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to make decisions and lead teams with imperfect data
- Strong financial acumen with a clear understanding of average selling price (ASP), gross-to-net (GTN), product revenue forecasting, managing team budgets
- Leadership skills including coaching
Our ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent and effective communication (written and oral) skills, delivering messages with impact to internal and external customers; strong executive presence that serves as role model
- Team player with the ability to navigate cross functionally, foster and maintain relationships, build alignment, inform, influence, negotiate, and collaborate both internally and externally
- Proven ability to manage complexity, help team prioritize, and make effective decisions
- Strong problem solver with a positive, can-do approach and a focus on win-win solutions
What else do you need to know?
- Occasionally, overnight travel is required
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.