Research Scientist, Protein Science
Mabwell Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated research scientist in protein science to join our growing team. The successful candidate will draw upon their scientific and technical expertise to design and execute studies that enable discovery and development of novel antibody drug candidates.
- Design and execute recombinant antibody and antigen expression and purification via transient transfection using mammalian expression system
- Conduct optimization of protein expression conditions for difficult protein targets due to their toxicity and other features
- Characterize purified antibodies and proteins biochemically and biophysically
- Take initiatives for other experimental designing, execution and troubleshooting
- Communicate scientific results and progress updates in both written format and orally with internal team and external collaborators
- PhD in biochemistry, immunology, or a related scientific discipline familiar with antibody therapeutics discovery and development with 1-3 years of relevant industry experience
- MS with 5 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical environment
- Strong knowledge and skills in protein expression via transient transfection in CHO or 293 cells; and in setting up purification strategies via affinity, ion-exchange and HIC chromatography
- Extensive experience with purification instrumentation such as AKTA or NGC
- Expertise in protein analysis such as SDS-PAGE, Western bot, immunoassay, flow cytometry, SEC-HPLC /FPLC; Octet /BiaCore etc.
- Skilled at molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, plasmid prep, gel extraction, cloning) and software for sequence analysis and expression vector designing
- Ability to multi-task and excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving capabilities and proven ability to drive projects forward effectively