Senior Research Scientist -Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics
Senior Research Scientist -Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics in Buffalo, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Senior Research Scientist is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by performing various in vitro metabolism assays, metabolite identification studies, and bioanalytical work to screen chemical entities. The Senior Research Scientist is expected to demonstrate expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of mass spectrometry, to apply this expertise to the tasks assigned, and to develop novel assays and analytical services as needed. Effective communication and multitasking skills, and the ability to deliver independent results within a team environment are all integral to this position.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Provide specific technical expertise to perform various in vitro metabolism studies to address specific DMPK questions in drug discovery.
- Particular focus on bench execution of DMPK assays with ability to cross train on additional assays as needed.
- Apply a wide range of analytical techniques to analyze and characterize results of DMPK assays.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of commonly used spectroscopic and chromatographic procedures with particular focus on LC/MS.
- Develop and establish novel assays and analytical methods to meet the growing needs of the market in order to expand the services available for research projects.
- Use sound judgment and previously acquired knowledge and experience to develop new procedures. Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature especially research method sections of DMPK publications.
- Advise and/or train other DMPK scientists for the efficient conduct of ADME assays.
- Help monitor the latest developments in specific areas of technical responsibility, and recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of research services.
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations and reports to communicate research results within and outside the DMPK department.
- Ensure that data are properly filed and accessible for review in accordance with appropriate SOP’s.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Science, Chemistry or a related field with 3-8 years’ experience in an ADME, bioanalytical, or DMPK lab.
- A track record of accomplishments (including literature publications) demonstrating technical proficiency, independent thinking, scientific creativity, problem solving ability, and independently planning and executing experiments while proactively seeking out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Experience performing metabolic stability, CYP inhibition, and metabolite ID studies in liver subcellular fractions/cells, preparing and analyzing samples from biological matrices using a mass spectrometer (LC-MS/MS) as the primary analytical tool.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates proficient in using and troubleshooting a LC-MS/MS (Sciex instrumentation is a plus).
- Demonstrated technical proficiency & scientific creativity. All interested applicants must apply online.
AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.