Research Scientist III - Cell Based Assay Technology
RESEARCH SCIENTIST III, CELL-BASED ASSAY TECHNOLOGY in Buffalo, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Research Scientist III is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by routinely demonstrating expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the development and validation of cell-based screening assays and execution of screening campaigns using workstations or fully integrated screening systems.
Principal responsibilities are: development of the cellular models and assays for testing of natural product and synthetic samples using cell-based assays; immortalized and primary mammalian cell culture, automated cellular imaging and analysis; analysis and interpretation of assay development, validation and performance data; analysis and interpretation of high throughput screening, potency, selectivity and mechanism of action data; programming and upkeep of assay development and screening equipment & data analysis templates.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role you will:
- Develop a working knowledge of a wide variety of cell biology concepts relating to cell line generation, cellular models of disease, automated imaging and image analysis.
- Use of sound judgment, acquired knowledge and experience to develop new in vitro models, protocols & reagents for the identification and prioritization of active samples and determination of drug mechanisms of action.
- Routine maintenance and quality control testing of cell lines, cell culture instrumentation and imaging equipment.
- Develop expertise in the analysis of complex data sets including high-content imaging, plate-based fluorescence and luminescence, flow cytometry or multiplex ELISA-based detection. The scientist will be able to write and test complex automated procedures under minimal supervision.
- Develop expertise in biochemical, cell-based, high content and multi-parametric assays for bioactivity screening and their transfer to robotic systems for high throughput screening.
- Performance of high throughput and secondary screening of sample collections and generation of high quality screening data.
- Analysis and interpretation of assay development, high-content screening, potency and mechanism of action data.
- Development and effective application of a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills; including molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, assay development, in depth analysis of imaging data and the use of automated equipment.
- Keep accurate, legible and complete records of all experiments and observations. Record all appropriate data electronically in AMRI databases.
- Submit acceptable written periodic reports. Prepare summaries of experimental findings reliably and independently.
- This position may have direct reports.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Immunology or Biochemistry and four to five years of relevant experience, or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience in a laboratory research setting applying assay development, screening by imaging and imaging data analysis techniques
- Computer training including use of software associated with data analysis and screening
- Other pertinent training/courses
All interested applicants must apply online.
AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.