Research Scientist III - Protein Expression & Conjugation
RESEARCH SCIENTIST III-PROTEIN EXPRESSION & PURIFICATION in Buffalo, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Research Scientist III-Protein Expression & Purification is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by demonstrating expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of protein purification and characterization.
Principal responsibilities are: experimental design, conduct production & analysis experiments, maintain detailed records and generate standard operating procedures. Major components of the scientist's performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork, analytical competence and experimental decision making.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role you will:
- Conduct protein purification with FPLC including affinity, ion exchange, HIC, etc.
- Conduct protein purification from E. Coli, mammalian and/or insect cells.
- Run protein characterization including: HPLC, SDS-PAGE, native PAGE, western blot, DLS, and endotoxin assay.
- Be responsible for cell culture maintenance and transfections including: CHO, HEK 293, sf9, and sf21.
- Run molecular cloning including: PCR, DNA digestion, ligation, and mutagenesis.
- Present data (written and/or oral) to clients as necessary.
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree with a major in Biology or Biochemistry and at least five years of relevant experience, or equivalent industrial experience
- Extensive experience with cell culture and recombinant protein purification
- Prior experience with protein purification system such as AKTA, NGS, or similar is desired
- Skill of planning and organization of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability of scientific data presentation and client communication
- Prior experience with molecular cloning and protein analysis is preferred
- Prior experience of purification of challenging proteins and troubleshooting skills are preferred All interested applicants must apply online.
AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.