Research Scientist - Materials Science
The Research Scientist II is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by demonstrating service that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are recruiting for a scientific contributor for our West Lafayette, Indiana facility. The main activities of the Research Scientist II will be to perform solid from screening, interpret solid state analytical data, and report the results.
In this role, you will:
- Perform laboratory experiments in the areas of crystallization and solid form screening of pharmaceutical compounds.
- Interpret data from a wide range of solid-state characterization techniques.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks).
- Meet timelines for delivering on clients' expectations.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with internal and external clients, both verbally and through written data summaries and reports.
- Collaborate with co-workers and contribute to team activities.
- Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs, and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices according to AMRI Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related science field with 3-5 years chemistry laboratory or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Crystallization and wet chemistry laboratory experience.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn other scientific software packages, as required.
- Hands-on experience conducting solid form screening including polymorph, salt and cocrystal screening.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
All interested applicants must apply online.
AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.