Research Scientist – Particle Engineering
The Research Scientist II/III is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by demonstrating service that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are recruiting for a scientific contributor for our West Lafayette, Indiana facility. The main activities of the Research Scientist II/III will be to perform and support cGMP analyses for particle characterization, including but not limited to particle size by laser light scattering, BET surface area, and microscopy.
In this role, you will:
- Provide proficient and timely support for analytical techniques including laser diffraction particle size, BET surface area analyses and microscopy.
- Perform particle size method development and validation.
- Provide technical support to assigned projects using robust scientific practices, which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with internal and external clients, both verbally and through written data summaries and reports.
- Meet timelines for delivering on clients' expectations.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs, and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices according to AMRI Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- BS or M.S. degree in scientific discipline (e.g. , Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related science field with 4 – 8 years relevant laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with developing and validating particle size methods in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in a cGMP environment preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn other scientific software packages, as required
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues
- Good written and oral communication skills
- All interested applicants must apply online.
AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.