Manager, Marketing Insights
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Marketing Research Manager will design, implement, manage, and analyze marketing research for the designated therapeutic area(s). The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with the commercial team to inform strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Act as market research lead for key commercial team relationships focused on providing strategic insights, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues.
- Conversant with custom research methodologies, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and able to independently lead custom research projects that deliver compelling and actionable learnings.
- Synthesize research learning across projects and primary and secondary research to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape commercial strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with marketing research team members to identify and bring innovative custom research approaches to the organization.
- Maintain organizational knowledge of the market, competitive trends, and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders. Possess a solid understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources including their strengths and weaknesses.
- Builds solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
- 6+ years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 4 years client side marketing research experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents.
- Advanced knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.