Marketing Senior Manager, Bone Health, HCP Promotions
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
The Marketing Senior Manager HCP Promotions reports to the Director of Prolia HCP Promotions. As a member of the team, the Senior Manager will lead the marketing planning and carry through of core HCP field promotion activities to drive new patient starts and foster patient adherence. You will also play a meaningful role in identifying and implementing revised promotional resources to address the evolving field and customer environment that is both virtual and in-person due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This individual will lead aspects the planning and execution of semester meetings, various key field engagements, and the development of brand-building tactics used by our field force to drive Prolia adoption. He or she will partner with cross-functional matrix teams including key partners across the bone health team when working on key brand projects. This position will consist of agency and vendor management as well as cross-functional matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will:
- Support the promotional strategy development and aligned personal and non-personal tactics in partnership with the cross-functional matrix team, including HCP and patient marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical, segment marketing, compliance, and IS.
- Work with sales leadership and other cross functional partners to develop and implement promotional tactics, including the core visual aid, with the sales force
- Partner with peer to peer marketing team to provide brand expertise on innovative non-personal tactics to drive uptake
- Collaborate with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, extraordinary training on promotional tools and programs
- Conduct regular engagement with field force and collect feedback and to incorporate suggestions as appropriate, track and analyze key field engagement and HCP performance metrics.
- Support the management of strategic investment of the promotional budget management (performance of ad agency and other promotional agencies)
- Work with Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) to execute needed market research and measurement testing to support strategy, programs, and expected returns/success of programs
- Work with medical, legal and regulatory to translate clinical data into compelling promotional resources
- Agency and vendor management, and cross-functional matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises
- Executive updates: preparing and presenting work and findings on a regular basis
- Coach and develop one direct report
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will have these qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Biotech/pharmaceutical industry marketing experience
- Experience working directly in pharma sales and/or working closely with field sales organizations
- Track record of increasing responsibility within marketing
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate commercial and competitive implications of complex technical/clinical/regulatory data
- Ability to drive cross-functional partnerships, delivery and results
- Experience translating complex data/information into simple, meaningful insights
- Strong business analytical skills and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Examples of outstanding, prominent team leadership with ability to influence others
- Comfortable with ambiguous work assignments
- Adaptable, and thrives in a changing environment
- Accomplished handling change in a complex, matrix organization
- Able to foster trusted relationships with key partners within brands and other cross-functional partner
- Act as a role model for others in line with Amgen values
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.