Clinical Account Specialist - Tulsa, OK
Clinical Account Specialist is responsible for MACI sales and Surgeon growth.
- Call on orthopedic surgeons and specialists in cartilage repair to deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, using approved sales and marketing materials.
- Attend surgical implantation procedures, as needed, and provide education, training and support to clinical personnel and other staff associated with use and implant of Vericel Products.
- Ensure completion of Surgeon product training required by FDA.
- Work with customers to educate on product and procedure reimbursement across different insurance carriers and facilities, and foster a relationship with case management team.
- Utilize corporate resources i.e. education speaker programs, lunch budgets, and local conference attendance.
- Knows, understands, and follows Vericel and Government regulations.
- Territory includes northwest to Bartlesville, east to Rogers and Fayetteville, AK and south to OK/TX border.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor's Degree, with a science, business or marketing degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven successful sales results. OR sales and orthopedic background preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology strongly desired in order to understand where and how products work clinically.
- Candidate will need to undergo and successfully pass hospital credentialing requirements in order to perform certain aspects of their job, including a 10 panel drug screen.
- Self-motivated, high commitment and dedication with proactive mindset.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to review voluminous amounts of information (e.g., data tables) and distill relevant information.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships to meet short, and long-term business objectives.
- Team player with the ability to lead and build consensus and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, independence, initiative, creativity, confidentiality, integrity, stability and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation and training skills, and interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Project management skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel minimum 90% of the time within territory. Ability to attend surgery and stand for long periods of time.