Director, Global Exceptional Patient Experience
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Provides strategic leadership and direction to the Patient Experience organization which has global impact over 45 countries around the world and responsible for full program oversight inclusive of three distinct and equally important pillars across all therapeutic areas: 1) Patient Experience Capability - responsible for elevating AbbVie's Patient centricity and our commitment to see-feel-live the Patient in everything that we do. 2) Patient Support Program - responsible for building best in class Patient support programs for all Patients using AbbVie therapies. 3) Patient Digital and Data Programs - responsible for building and launching a Global Patient Ecosystem that includes Patient CRM, Patient MCM and Patient Data capabilities.
- Provides appropriate prioritization, oversight, decision-making, staffing and resource models for the global Patient Experience organization. Aligns the global strategy with all markets for AbbVie Care programs, material and content management and Digital & Data strategy to ensure the on time and on budget delivery of all Patient Experience programs for successful launches of all AbbVie assets all franchises.
- Drive the evolution and embedment of the Patient Experience Capability across all functions, all brands and all markets across R&D, GCD and GMCO.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging global regulations and make decisions on the processes and methods to be implemented by AbbVie to comply with these regulations, with consult from appropriate medical, legal and compliance partners.
- Provides Strategic Direction for the development of impactful Patient Experience strategies for all AbbVie Launch assets across all therapeutic areas and the development of the asset specific programs and solutions to support the strategies.
- Responsible and accountable for the Global Patient Experience Digital Ecosystem success through harmonization of many customer relationship management systems as well as multiple patient facing solutions across various counties onto an efficient, agile and state of the art Global Patient Support CRM and Patient facing applications.
- Participate in Industry leading groups and other leadership Forums to advocate the AbbVie position and drive industry level change in the conduct of Patient Support. Ensure AbbVie is on the forefront of driving the change.
- Oversight of Patient Experience budget and resource allocation to support various brand launches of customer facing solutions, content and materials across multiple therapeutic areas as well as various market support needs for programs and capabilities to ensure successful pull through of programs and services.
- Responsible for people growth and development within own organization as well as the broader Customer Excellence global organization.
- A minimum of 10+ years of practical experience in the Pharma Industry including experience in Patient Support program development in multiple therapeutic areas or leading major Patient related Functions and a diversity of experience across the scope of Marketing Operations activities
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a life science discipline; Master's degree preferred
- Broad & Deep knowledge of Patient Support landscape in global markets, specifically Western Europe & Canada
- Knowledgeable in organizational & digital transformation
- Big picture and strategic thinker - can formulate a vision of future state and lead the organization to build tactical plans to achieve this.
- Excellent collaborator - easily builds relationships and gains cross functional alignment.
- Excellent business and financial aptitude and uses data to drive the business and continuous improvements.
- Articulate communicator with "Executive Presence".
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.