AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Performs skilled calibrations/services on M&TE according to written policy and procedures.
- Performs repairs on all types of M&TE.
- Processes electronic work orders, house requisitions, miscellaneous purchase orders and various other administrative activities that support daily job functions. Appropriate documentation of calibration work orders with accuracy and timeliness.
- Communicates, through various means, such as email, voicemail, and maintenance management system (Maximo) the status of ongoing calibration/repair activities.
- Completes all necessary qualifications on documents including calibration procedures and standard operating procedures in a timely manner. Completes all necessary training requirements including scheduled training, computer based, and any other training identified in development plan.
- Develops recommendations for solving M&TE hardware and measurement problems. Develop techniques as necessary to ascertain that newly acquired or developed M&TE performs in accordance with required specifications.
- Assists in establishing and documenting appropriate job plans, data sheets, and other service protocols that may be required.
- Ensures that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times in accordance with established company policies.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Group Leader, Supervisor, or Senior Supervisor.
- Flexible daytime hours with potential overtime and call-in
- Recommend a high school education with a minimum or 4 years of related work experience. Comparable military service training may be acceptable if it is directly applicable to the job assignment. Education, experience and related military service will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- The Instrument Technician II reports to the Group Leader, Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, Section Manager or Department Manager. The Instrument Technician II may obtain guidance and training from other SME's.
- Must have knowledge of various laboratory, research & development, or process instrumentation.
- Expertise in GMP/GLP laboratory practices.
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting various instrumentation utilizing schematics and flowcharts. Ability to learn quickly, the theory and operation of newly purchased M&TE for analytical or process control systems. Capability to work within and promote a team environment.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.