Senior Research Associate or Research Scientist
At Neomics Pharmaceuticals we are committed to the development of T cell-based immunotherapies that can transform the lives of people diagnosed and living with cancer. We are a pre-clinical immunotherapy company focusing on the development of novel immunotherapies targeting solid and hematopoietic tumors. Our research focuses on pushing our lead compounds through pre-clinical development and into Phase I/II trials while broadening our pipeline to include new therapeutic targets and enhancements to improve the efficacy of the therapeutic product. We are headquartered in Rockville, Maryland.
We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate or Research Scientist to join our research team. Reporting to a senior scientist you will work on the development and testing of our next-generation CAR-T cell therapeutic pipeline. You will be responsible for the production of genetically engineered T cells, cell culture and in-vitro analysis of the T cell product, and will participate in the design, execution, and interpretation of in-vivo animal models in coordination with local CROs. You will participate in the development of new technologies, and support technology transfer, licensing, and patent-preparation efforts. At times, you will oversee the efforts of a research associate and the position offers excellent opportunities for career development in a highly collaborative setting.
The position is offered at a Senior Research Associate or Research Scientist position, based on candidate education and experience. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy with specific experience in the generation and testing of Chimeric Antigen Receptors greatly preferred.
Education and Experience
Senior Research Associate
Masters in immunology, cellular and/or tumor biology or a closely related field with 3-5 years of experience working on CAR-T receptors in either industry or an academic setting.
Ph.D. in immunology, cellular and/or tumor biology or a closely related field with 3-5 years of experience working on CAR-T receptors in either industry or an academic setting with a publication list that demonstrates your productivity and capacity. 0-1 years of Post-Doc experience.
- The candidate should have a strong background (4+ years) in cancer immunotherapy or human immunology and experience working with engineered T-cells, as evidenced by a record of publications/ presentations.
- Hands on experience in the development, testing, and analysis of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR)-transduced T cells in essential.
- Proficient in molecular biology and cellular biology techniques, including PCR, qRT-PCR, cloning, and western blot.
- Highly proficient in flow cytometry and cell sorting techniques as well as flow-based immunophenotyping. This should include panel design, sample acquisition and data processing). Experience with human T cells is highly preferred.
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing immune cell assays (in-vitro cytotoxicity, cytokine production, proliferation, and phenotyping) to evaluate CAR functionality.
- Hands on experience in the isolation, culture and genetic modification (viral and non-viral) of human T cells
- Proficient in aseptic cell culture
- Ability to reach rational conclusions based on available data and competent analysis.
- Able to work with minimal direction and oversight, adjusting workload and priorities as needed.
The candidate should be driven by accomplishments and excellence in the workplace, executing on the company’s mission and values while maintaining a high degree of ethical standards and trustworthiness. The preferred candidate should be able to execute their daily duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in both independent work and in team projects. The ideal candidate should be able to drive their own projects through innovation and crative solutions while contributing ideas and expertise to others in order to successfully drive the success of the company in a team environment.