Manager, Information Technology
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
- The IT Manager is responsible for effective collaboration between IT and the business functions at both Akron locations in FL and ensures that adequate, reliable and consistent IT services are delivered at the sites (Sarasota and Boca Raton sites)
- Manage contract IT service delivery organization to ensure IT service is delivered as per service level agreement (SLA) to the sites; optimize site IT service delivery
- Serve as a single contact for any and all IT related topics at the sites
- Gather input on site specific requirements - Capture and formalize site specific requirements and organize general IT service delivery activities to meet site requirements
- Review adherence to SLA by IT service delivery team; provide visibility to site leadership team on SLA performance, gaps, remediation actions taken
- Ensure that site leadership team take the required actions to ensure employees at the site adhere to established IT processes and comply with IT policies
- Responsible for development and periodic testing of the technical disaster recovery plan for the sites. Responsibilities in this area also include periodic plan refreshes as changes occur in the business or IT architecture
- Responsible for life cycle management of IT infrastructure required for business operations conducted at the sites; maintain an inventory of IT assets and managing risks associated with aging components; develop and sponsor annual capital projects for equipment requiring upgrades
- Represent the sites as the IT lead on regulatory inspections and audits
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of IT infrastructures; experience w/ supporting cloud and server-based applications; pharma/biotech manufacturing systems support experience is highly desirable.
- Experience working in pharma/biotech manufacturing is highly desirable
- Must possess excellent prioritization and project management skills
- Have the ability to maintain a strong customer focus and to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team leadership skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% to Boca Raton campus in South Florida