RESEARCH STUDY TECHNICIAN
Works closely with research scientists under minimal supervision for support of in-vivo studies to facilitate the goals of drug discovery projects through hands-on conduct of in-vivo experiments in rodents for multiple clients. Must possess strong proficiency of in-vivo technical skills and working experience of multiple animal models.
- Reviews and complies with all policies, guidelines and operating procedures pertaining to the animal care and research program.
- Assemble, set up, operate and maintain any necessary experimental equipment to conduct in-vivo studies.
- Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans and with regulatory and laboratory requirements.
- Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results and variation from expected data patterns.
- Maintain a technical knowledge and understanding in his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Able to perform the following techniques in rodents:
- Handling and Restraint
- PO, IV, SQ, IP, IM, and IN dosing and/or inoculation techniques
- Blood collection from multiple vessels (tail vein, submandibular) or cardiac, and perfusions
- Tumor measurements, body weights, IBD and /or EAE scoring, behavioral monitoring, etc
- Necropsy, tissue and fluid collections
- Rodent euthanasia using CO2, anesthesia and/or approved physical methods.
- Pre-surgical and post-surgical care and monitoring.
- Perform animal health check and treatment as needed
- Support study set-up, take downs, ex-vivo assays