Principal Scientist - Immunology
Caprion Biosciences Inc. is a leading clinical research organization (CRO) laboratory in immune monitoring, protein characterization and tissue pathology solutions for immunotherapy and drug development. We are located in Montreal, California, Chicago, Belgium, UK, Australia and in China. Employees at Caprion are true scientific partners working together to enhance people’s health and quality of life.
The Principal Scientist is responsible for the overall conduct of studies in different immune-therapeutic area, overseeing experimental testing design, as well as formulating conclusions and recommendations for next steps. The incumbent has the ability to present Caprion capabilities to clients in a compelling way demonstrating value and differentiation as support function to Business Development activities as well as presentation of results to Sponsor and scientific meetings. The incumbent is ensuring that the timelines and milestones of a study are met by proactively assessing foreseeing challenges, assessing impact of deviations and overall quality of the study conduct.
- Oversees the planning and progress of studies and projects under her/his responsibility;
- Designs and prepares detailed study-specific work plans and support documentation for protocols and assays; discusses with management and obtains approval as appropriate;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay qualification and validation phase;
- Instructs laboratory personnel (e.g. research assistants and technicians) assigned to her/his projects;
- Ensures that projects are conducted as per established timelines and delays are communicated in a proactive manner to clients with action plan to minimize the delays;
- Identifies resource constraints and inefficiencies and works with management to resolve;
- Prepares preliminary and final reports;
- Ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained and archived;
- Participates in the preparation of presentations and publications in collaboration with clients when possible;
- Interacts regularly with clients, clinical sites and Caprion management to address project issues in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client. Documents study-related interactions and communications properly;
- Actively participates in the preparation and conduct of audits for clients or regulatory bodies.
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology, virology, microbiology or molecular biology.
Experience and Skills Required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an equivalent position in the industry or in an academic environment;
- Knowledge and experience with multi-parametric flow cytometry techniques and its generic applications in the field of IM including testing design as well as handling complex data set of multi-color panels;
- Knowledge of modern immunology and kept abreast with current literature, IM methodologies and clinical trial design and regulations;
- Knowledge of cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses;
- Experience working with FlowJo, Pestle, Spice, Prism and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience with client management;
- Strong communication ability;
- Approaches work methodically and systematically;
- Establishes priorities from among a number of demands;
- Demonstrates and applies advanced level of understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions within the project goals;
- Critical and creative thinker;
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal skills;
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.