Sr. Manager, Enterprise Purchasing
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior Manager will actively support the development and implementation of strategies associated with our Indirect categories including, but not limited to, HR, Travel, Meetings, Events, Fleet, Consulting, Professional Education, Speaker Programs and Ad Boards . The role will work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization delivering value and cost-optimization opportunities, capturing cost-savings/reductions, and improving financial and operational performance.
- Strategic Sourcing : Actively contribute to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the agreed categories in support of sourcing objectives . Lead and support the supplier selection process, including the selection of transactional and preferred vendors. This includes supporting internal stakeholders with the development of specifications and criteria for outsourced services, evaluation of suppliers, and the management of selected suppliers. Proactively support supplier management activities such as issue resolution, performance trending, and supplier governance where appropriate, including managing an interactive lessons learned session and process improvements.
Ensure effective transition from current practices to any new model including migration to e- sourcing & Procurement systems, tools, process and guidelines
- Achieve Significant Synergies and Cost Savings : Proactively analyse categories of spend to ensure that all potential opportunities for operational, quality, and financial synergies are identified, tracked, and implemented. Ensure that targeted cost savings are achieved without placing risk on the company's quality, operational, and timeline requirements. Ensure the communication and alignment of these synergy and savings targets across business partners and organizational leaders to provide consistency of message and approach.
- Contract Management : Develop and foster relationships with preferred/alliance suppliers to ensure clear communication, create an environment of partnership, and agreed-to contractually committed levels of service, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Requirements Definitions : Proactively work with business partners to identify sourcing and contracting requirements in advance of supplier communications to ensure clear specifications, requirements, and alignment across the AbbVie team prior to initiating requests or agreements with suppliers. Develop and maintain stakeholder business relationships to build and win internal support for the benefit of the business and value- add.
- Request Proposals : Follow a high-quality, consistent, expeditious, and effective process to ensure that the proper sources of supply are evaluated and selected to support the business need. Prepare, finalize, and distribute requests for proposal to suppliers with a team of internal stakeholders. Manage the receipt and internal distribution of supplier responses and, as appropriate, review proposals, conduct bid evaluation analyses, coordinate bid meetings with the supplier and internal teams, compile selection criteria/requirements, and facilitate decision-making process to ensure objectivity and adherence to selection criteria while meeting the team's timelines.
- Negotiate Agreements : Negotiate master services, confidentiality, service standards, and other supplier agreements based on company templates and with the support of internal functional and legal teams to ensure high quality, provide clarity, obtain competitive costs, document timelines, and mitigate risk. Ensure that the negotiations meet the cost savings and synergy targets. Interact with the Legal, Finance, and other departments, as needed, to ensure cross departmental alignment with respect to processes and policies for contract development, approval, execution, and management. Act as the central point of contact through execution of agreements. Manage changes in contract scope, change orders, and amendments to ensure accurate and timely revisions to terms and/or services.
- Category Profile : Document and maintain comprehensive category profiles for various commercial categories. Build and maintain a strong working knowledge of supply market conditions for the sourcing sub-categories that are being managed, as well as a good working knowledge of the supplier or sub-category offerings. Maintain and present to line management, intelligence and market analysis regarding product and service development opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
In alignment with AbbVie's core competencies, the incumbent must demonstrate the following behaviors and abilities:
- Deliver Business Results : (1) understand AbbVies's business requirements, and clearly include these within supplier contracts, (2) demonstrate and apply functional knowledge, experiences, and management skills to promote team performance and continual improvement across the organization's work with suppliers, (3) ensure applicable suppliers execute services as committed, and (4) handle issue resolution for outsourced services.
- Enhance Organizational Performance : (1) foster clear, consistent, and open collaboration across the extended AbbVie and supplier teams, (2) identify and pursue new ideas and constructive change to support improved execution from both AbbVie and our suppliers, and (3) support the issue escalation process at the operational level and ensure timely escalation to senior leadership.
- Demonstrate Personal Leadership : (1) act with integrity, initiative, and sound judgment to reinforce trust, professionalism, and commitments, (2) communicate regularly, openly, and effectively both within AbbVie and to our suppliers, as appropriate, and (3) inspire and empower peers, AbbVie team and suppliers, as appropriate, to achieve and exceed objectives.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support multiple commercial sourcing categories and projects.
- Effectively project manage all initiatives.
- Experience in Category Management strategy and category profiling.
- Proven track record of supplier evaluation, negotiation and selection.
- Experience in contract management and execution.
- Experience in supplier development and supplier performance.
- Strong skills in spend and performance analysis.
- Good understanding of supply market
- Good understanding of best-in-class sourcing management processes and techniques.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and make business proposals.
- Energetic, committed and dedicated to achieve success.
- Able to resolve problems, transition and transform sourcing activities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Personal organization and self-management.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree required; p rocurement related degree preferred.
- 7 year's minimum experience in strategic sourcing.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.