Senior Manager Payer Contracting
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will lead contracting activities for Amgen's Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers. The Senior Manager will serve as PC's single point of contact for both internal and external partners for Amgen's top national MCO customer contracts. This role reports to the Director of Payer Contracting.
The Senior Manager will be an instrumental member of the customer team responsible for overseeing Amgen's customers and will be key in identifying and executing contract strategies to ensure Amgen's business needs are met. They will be integral in communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. They will be the primary contract owner for their MCO client responsibilities and will assist in review of product pricing requests with internal executive committees. Additionally, they will contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, contract performance, and contract execution.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgen's account executive (aka Market Access), Legal and other partners
- Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
- Business owner of the contract between Amgen and its customer, specifically owning the contracting strategy and execution of one of the Big 3 managed care PBM conglomerates
- Development and execute MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customer's financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Inform the pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that are critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Market Access, customer, Legal, and other teams as necessary
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will have the following qualifications.
Master's degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 8 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years of experience solving complex business problems and handling multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to read and understand complex legal contract documents
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology sales and marketing experience
- Track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.