Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing next-in-class muscle activators and best-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ALS and SMA.
We view our employees as the unequivocal ingredients to success. Each and every employee is an integral member of the Cytokinetics team, contributing to our shared goal of improving lives. While expectations of our employees are high, there is an equal commitment to ensuring that contributions are recognized and rewarded. We seek exceptional individuals to join us in our mission to develop potential medicines to improve the health span of people with cardiovascular and neuromuscular diseases of impaired muscle function.
We seek a highly motivated Scientist to join our Pharmacology group. The individual will join a dynamic group supporting multiple projects for therapeutic application to cardiovascular and skeletal muscle diseases. This position will require hands-on laboratory work with the responsibility to develop in vivo models to evaluate compound efficacy in support of preclinical drug discovery efforts.
As a member of cross-functional teams, the individual will work closely with team members to identify, characterize and advance small molecules through research and preclinical development. The individual will also be expected to drive innovation, champion new enabling technologies, identify and critically evaluate promising drug targets, and implement suitable preclinical research strategies.
- Design, conduct and manage experiments related to the discovery of novel drugs in cardiovascular and skeletal muscle diseases
- Create, establish and validate models to conduct efficacy studies
- Manage and analyze experimental data and present experimental results at internal meetings and scientific conferences
- Develop protocols and maintain detailed documentation of procedures
- Train and supervise research associates
- A Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Physiology, Muscle Biology or a related discipline with 1-3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of cardiovascular physiology and muscle biology
- Experience in establishing cardiovascular disease pre-clinical models, including characterization by in vivo measures of cardiovascular function (e.g. echocardiography, invasive hemodynamics)
- Strong prior history of data management and presentation, experimental design and data analysis methods
- Supervisory experience
- Positive can-do attitude, strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and flexibility are required.
- Enthusiasm for working in a team-based, multi-disciplinary environment, paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.