Senior Scientific Researcher
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Senior Scientific Researcher
The Department of Translational Oncology at Genentech is seeking a highly talented, driven and motivated Senior Scientific Researcher to join a group of investigators evaluating novel therapies in the field of cancer immunotherapy. The candidate will explore mechanism of action focusing on both innate and adaptive immune infiltrates, understanding treatment mediated phenotypic and functional changes and exploring potential combinatorial strategies as well as helping to elucidate biomarkers of response. The candidate will work closely with scientists from other departments to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise and generating proof of concept data. This position requires in vitro bench work focusing heavily on flow cytometry and other cellular in vitro functional assays.
Who You Are
- Applicants must have a PhD degree and post-doctoral experience in immunology, oncology, biology or related field.
- The position requires a minimum of 8 years of relevant hands-on work with a track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record and having significant contributions in their respective fields.
- You must have a good understanding of both innate and adaptive immunity, checkpoint inhibitors as well as T cell receptor signaling and agonistic pathways and demonstrated expertise in a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays, including advanced flow cytometry (8+ colors), cell isolation from tissues, cellular immunological assays, molecular biology and familiarity with in vivo models of immune disease or oncology.
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, can present research at intra- and inter-departmental meetings and work effectively as part of a team.
- Qualified candidates should be adept at independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments.
- The main focus of this position will be on investigating novel targets to augment T cell functionality and responses.
Who We Are
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and
life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.