Research Associate / Sr Research Associate - Translational Science - Immuno-oncology Biomarkers
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGMBio is seeking qualified candidates with relevant hands-on biomarker discovery and development experience, possessing a broad knowledge in the field of immunology and cell biology, to join the Translational Science department. This position will independently conduct research using a variety of cell biology and immunology assay platforms. Major responsibilities will include experimental design and execution of multiplex in vitro assay systems, with the goal of identifying and developing novel biomarkers.
- Primary cell culture including maintaining cells, isolating immune cells from PBMCs and tissues, and cell differentiation in culture.
- Perform immunological assays such as: multicolor FACS analysis and sorting, ELISA, multiplex cytokine assays, etc.
- Document data in lab notebook and ensure periodic peer review.
- Present data for review, group discussions, and team meetings.
- BS/MSc Immunology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience.
- Background in immunology and myeloid cell biology is strongly preferred.
- Experience in generating and maintaining cell lines and primary immune cell cultures.
- Skills and experience in multicolor flow cytometry techniques and analyses.
- Ability to analyze data and understand the final results.
- Highly motivated with a strong attitude towards learning.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.
Interested applicants should click apply
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.