Data Science Manager
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Digital Intelligence Organization empowers Agilent's digital transformation by enabling digital data democratization and embedding machine learning to accelerate business growth. The organization encompasses web analytics, data engineering, and data science. We are seeking a technical hands-on data science manager with strategic approach as we are building out real time digital intelligence capabilities.
A self-starter and innovative problem solver with entrepreneur mentality. You will apply data science rigor, eye for business, unbounded creativity, and clear communication to:
- Craft and build out digital data science ecosystem by demonstrating modern technology and approach in AWS, GCP, Adobe, and other related platforms
- Apply a deep knowledge and broad working experience of machine learning, web data, digital technology, cloud platforms and use case applications to embed the machine learning in customer-facing and internal processes
- Work with partners across functions and product verticals: product managers, content and ecommerce teams, engineers, sales and marketing, program management to improve customers' digital experience
- Provide direction, roadmap, and blueprint for the data science subject areas within the Digital Intelligence Organization
- Connect with executives and business teams. Have the ability to dig into the details as well as summarize to the high level
- Recruit talents and build out the team and manage vendors
- Understand web and mobile digital property and customers' engagement on digital property
- Identify and quantify problems and approaches. Choose the appropriate methodology and tools to maximize impact.
- Develop code and models to understand customers and process gaps. Outline and evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metrics for model performance aligned with business goals.
This is a remote position
- Graduate degree and hands-on working experience in data science, computer science, statistics, operations research, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise and Ability to provide technical leadership in developing novel machine learning approaches, deep-dive web data analytics, and representation
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets. Expertise in programming language commonly used for data science, such as Python, R and SQL, and in state-of-the-art machine learning tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or Keras, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas
- Excellence in communication and working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in experimental design, recommendation, natural language processing, time series
- Expertise and hands-on experience in Cloud computing (AWS, GCP), GPU computing and in using multi-node compute clusters
- Global mentality
- Project management including time management
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.