Associate Director, Scientific Data Architecture
As the Associate Director- Data Architecture, you will work within the Molecular Profiling and Data Science team merging biological understanding with data management, aggregation, and analysis tools to evaluate, design and implement innovative solutions for the Regeneron research community. The role will collaborate with colleagues across the research, core technology centers and IT. The data you manage will support a wide variety or research projects at Regeneron and into the clinic.Your typical day may include:
- Develop and maintain data management pipelines to manage large datasets from sources such as bulk or single cell RNAseq, TCR or BCR.
- Design data management systems to enable innovative machine learning technologies.
- Work collaboratively with data producers, data consumers and cloud IT to design and implement data platforms, pipeline and visualization tools.
- Work closely with a small team of data architects
- Communicate clearly with both scientific and technical audiences
- Work both as a manager and hands-on technical contributor.
This job might be for you if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, supporting innovative scientists doing ground breaking science to discover lifesaving medicines.
- Have problem solving skills and collaborative nature.
- Have excellent communication skills.
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of MS/BS + 10+ years relevant experience. Deep knowledge of current data management technologies and database design. Strong experience with at least some of the technologies or platforms we use: python, pyspark, Apache Airflow, Spark and Hive, Jupyter and Zeppelin Notebooks, AWS infrastructure, open source and commercial data management tools and components from Cloudera and Databricks. An understanding of biological data such as gene expression analysis.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need