User Experience Designer
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
User Experience Designer
As a UX Designer, you will be a contributor to a creative, design thinking culture ready to deliver AbbVie's next-generation digital solutions. This position requires a creative problem solver with a proven record of delivering user-centric design.
• Do you love to learn everything you can about the end-user, their needs, pain points, and behaviors to help define the solutions and experiences we create?
• Do you love applying your deep knowledge of human-centered design methods to help project teams deliver delightful digital experiences?
• Do you love sharing your design expertise and knowledge with others to build and improve UX design capabilities across the enterprise?
If so, you may be an excellent fit for this role at AbbVie. Join our mission to sustainably improve the lives of patients. This position reports to the Associate Director of User Experience at AbbVie's global headquarters in Lake County, IL.
• Support and learn to lead UX design activities on initiatives from beginning to the end of the design process.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios and use cases.
• Create user journeys, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Present design solutionstointernal stakeholdersin ways that deepen their understanding of how the design solves the problem for the user at hand.
• Provide design assistance to technical teams through on-going expert reviews.
• Evangelize user experience and user-centered design throughout the company.
• Help maintain and evolve design system library.
• Utilize design thinking principles to create engaging experiences that support the business and provide value to end users with elegant simplicity.
Some intangibles we value (and hope you value too):
• We are intrinsically curious and not afraid to pursue new ideas that challenge status quo.
• We value customer input and get solutions into their hands quickly, to learn from their wisdom and correct our mistakes.
• We confidently convey what has worked well and what has not.
• We possess the ideation and design skills needed to define the best paths forward prior to further development and investment.
Education and Experience:
• Outstanding communicator - both verbally and in writing
• Strong consultation and collaboration skills
• Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, information architecture and interaction design
• Highly proficient with leading design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC, Figma and InVision
• Highly proficient building wireframes and interactive prototypes for web and mobile
• Has worked on enterprise software solutions and / or complex business solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, equivalent certification, or a related field of study
• 3+ years' experience as a UX designer for web, mobile and software applications
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience creating great user-centered design solutions
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.