Manager, Above Brand - U.S. Public Affairs
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
Manager, Above Brand - U.S. Public Affairs is responsible for supporting U.S. area cross-therapeutic and cross-functional strategies and executing tactics that:
- Deliver measured reputation counsel
- Enable integrated content development
- Drive social media and digital engagement and
- Champion innovation in communication
The position is also responsible for delivering analytic excellence in tactical planning. They are expected to seamlessly interact and collaborate with U.S. Area colleagues across all functions and levels. A high degree of curiosity, stakeholder consideration and drive is required for this position, as well as both detail-orientation and big picture, forward thinking. The Manager reports to the Director, Above Brand - U.S. Public Affairs.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Leads AbbVie U.S. area social and digital efforts by collaborating with therapeutic area public affairs leads, agency partners and corporate social media to ensure that the right content is delivered to the right audiences, striking the right tone.
- Monitors the external environment and drives the development of communications, programs and tools that strengthen environmental acumen in the U.S. Area.
- Works collaboratively to drive consideration of opportunities to elevate therapeutic area programs, tactics, analytics and measurement.
- Ideates and supports cross-therapeutic and/or cross-functional initiatives and strategies that drives business acumen and protects and enhances reputation.
- Manages issues that may impact the business overall by proactively anticipating and mitigating reputational risk to AbbVie
- Monitors trends in communications and raise best practice consideration to help ensure U.S. Public Affairs continuously improves its approach.
- Drives agency partner performance and ensures effective use of AbbVie resources
- Ensures programs and deliverables fall within budget parameters and all administrative paperwork is completed in appropriate manner (invoice logging, purchase orders, statements of work, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Equivalent.
- A minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience and a proven record of success in developing and executing communication programming and social engagement.
- General understanding of the healthcare system, environmental issues and the biopharmaceutical industry and business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated; raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo; creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Strong project management skills alongside strategic thinking and a detail-oriented approach.
- Innovation, action and results orientation and is successful in ideating and executing against key performance indicators.
- Ability to establish positive relationships across various functions and levels.
- Enjoys complex challenges and can thrive with less-than-perfect information.
- Corporate Communications, Therapeutic Area Public Affairs, Commercial Marketing, Government Affairs, OEC and PR Agencies
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.