Director, ESG Reporting & Analytics
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The growing importance of ESG topics to AbbVie's stakeholders has evolved and accelerated over the last several years. We are evolving corporate responsibility into the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) team, and with that, we have created a new and dynamic role that will drive our efforts to advance AbbVie's position within important ESG rankings and ratings. This role will report into the Director, ESG Strategy & Engagement, and will be part of the Corporate Responsibility & Global Philanthropy organization.
- Manage all company submissions to priority external ranking agencies, including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the Access to Medicines Index, etc. that impact perceptions and actions of AbbVie's stakeholders, including investors, employees, community and patients.
- Build a systematic approach to the collection of data related to ESG metrics (build an ESG dashboard), as well as case studies and initiatives that serve as proof points to support our ESG framework and manage progress against targets and objectives.
- Conduct ongoing benchmarking to understand AbbVie's progress against peers in external rankings, and make recommendations on how to improve our position.
- Responsible for trend analysis and horizon scanning to understand changing stakeholder expectations on ESG and engage as appropriate with targeted stakeholders to ensure awareness of critical developments related to standard setters like SASB, GRI and TCFD, as well as global targets such as UN SDGs.
- With the Director, ESG Strategy & Engagement, proactively engage with ranking agencies regarding our ESG approach and ensure visibility into AbbVie's key areas of focus.
- Minimum 10 years+ experience in positions of deep, relevant external affairs, ethics and compliance, corporate responsibility, sustainability or investor relations experience in the pharmaceutical and/or health care industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to quickly understand and advise on emerging trends and stakeholder needs.
- Strong ability to collect, analyze and interpret data, and provide comprehensive guidance on setting and monitoring KPIs and ESG metrics.
- Excellent business acumen with the ability to anticipate company and team needs.
- Proven expertise and/or management experience with corporate reputation/brand
- Must be an individual who works well in a team environment and enjoys working in a collegial, yet highly demanding culture. Must be able to work collaboratively with senior business leaders and other internal stakeholders across the enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as communications, sustainability, corporate responsibility preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.