Based in San Diego, CA, Escient Pharmaceuticals is a start-up biotech company strategically focused on unleashing the therapeutic potential of specific orphan GPCRs, including a novel family of Mas-Related G-Protein Receptors (Mrgprs), for a broad range of therapeutic indications. Our diverse team at Escient shares a passion for discovering and developing therapies for underserved patients that will positively change the course of their health and well-being. In addition, we embrace a unique and highly sought-after culture of authenticity, open communication, transparency, integrity, mutual respect, and freedom to brainstorm and share one’s thoughts and ideas at every level.
Of immediate need to Escient is an Executive Assistant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing highly skilled, efficient, and effective administrative and organizational support to the executive team. This individual will work hand in hand with the rest of the administrative team and the entire organization. The Executive Assistant will plan, prioritize, communicate, and organize a high volume and diverse workload including highly confidential and sensitive information.
The emphasis is on the ability to work accurately with minimal supervision and interact positively in a team environment and with outside parties. This position is full time and requires working remotely for the foreseeable future.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Support CEO and other C-suite executives in all administrative needs including calendaring, travel, meetings, and reconciliation of business expenses
- Anticipate, prepare, and distribute, in advance, documents as required for meetings
- Coordinate agendas, prepare/modify presentations, and manage meeting minutes and action items for internal meetings as needed
- Set up for meetings, teleconferences, and telephone calls, and act as liaison for remote access issues
- Place meal orders for meetings
- Order office supplies
- Handle executives’ USPS/FedEx/UPS shipping needs
- Manage extensive and complex travel arrangements, both domestic and international, including airline reservations, ground transportation and lodging, meeting scheduling, etc., for executives, Board of Directors, or other parties as requested while managing frequent change requests
- Coordinate domestic and international conference logistics including registrations
- Keep executives’ Contacts up to date
- Manage logistics for company event planning as needed and associated calendaring
- Back up other administrative staff including reception duty
- Act as liaison with the executive management team, Board members, employees, and the companies and all external parties with which the executive are involved/communicate while exhibiting a positive attitude aligned with Escient’s values
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable Corporate policies and procedures
- Interact daily with a wide variety of individuals in a broad range of situations that require tact, discretion, diplomacy, sensitivity, personal creativity, and accountability
- Prioritize, balance, and manage a variety of simultaneous projects effectively to successful, timely completion
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned by executives
QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
- Minimum of 10 years corporate senior level Executive Assistance experience, preferably in the Life Sciences industry, working as executive support with increasing responsibility and proven ability
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience working and building relationships with high-level executives, as well as significant interaction with outside vendors and external business partners
- Judgment and tact in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Must be a motivated team player with a can-do attitude who is able to multi-task effectively, remain focused despite distraction, and be adaptable to meet changing priorities
- Strong ability to prioritize, coordinate, and handle multiple duties
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to apply an advanced working knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, including strong experience with Microsoft Outlook and calendaring for multiple team members
- Experience and/or comfort with using new technology and mobile apps
- Proficiency in keeping detailed records of all activities
- Must have excellent grammatical, written, and oral communication skills
- Proactive problem-solving ability
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, and transparency
- Excellent telephone and office etiquette and demeanor
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to use his/her hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. The employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to handle or feel; see computer screens and read printouts; and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. S/he may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and are in search of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team focused on discovering and developing therapies that will positively change the course of the health and well-being of underserved patients, we encourage you to apply. Escient Pharmaceuticals offers a positive and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. Escient is an equal opportunity employer.